Tuesday 2 February 2016

1 February to Sagres

Today consisted of travelling. Flight to Faro airport, No 16 bus to Faro, train to Lagos and bus to Sagres where I camped the night at the Orbitur campsite. Thanks to the wonders of the Internet I knew what to catch and when, thankfully everything was reasonably punctual. I even had time to promenade along the river at Lagos and buy an ice cream while watching seagulls circle a boat coming in. At Sages I left the bus at the Tourist information office. I asked about the Via Algarviana and was given a cardboard box about the size and weight of a brick with a book size guide (part of which I had used up a colour cartridge printing at home). To achieve a weight practical for carrying  I threw away the maps for cycle routes and linking paths, the other maps look a useful supplement to my GPS. Fresh (I think) fish for dinner since the restaurant overlooked the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment