Thursday 25 February 2016

25 February to Jerez

An unexciting 28.1 kilometre walk, much of it on a dirt track alongside a motorway past huge ploughed fields. Frequent cyclists made me confident that this was a publicly accessible through route, cycling seems a much preferred recreational activity in Spain & Portugal compared with walking. I also passed a man "walking" his greyhounds while riding his motor bike.
After the motorway it was a long walk through the urban sprawl into Jerez de la Frontier. As in other towns I first passed little allotments or market gardens, then factories and the like, then terraced houses, then apartment blocks & huge roundabouts that took forever to walk around, waiting for the green man at each zebra crossing, and finally the historic heart of the city with its narrow cobbled streets. I plan to take tomorrow as a rest day, I have a large blister on my heel and have been getting more tired than I should. Hoping Jerez, home of sherry, has something to offer.

Huge fields beside the route

No comments:

Post a Comment