Sunday 14 February 2016

13 February to Balurcos

After a huge breakfast (cheese, ham, curd cheese, honey, jam, oranges, bread & coffee with milk) and being encouraged to eat more, I did a side path (PR9) to a copper mine. The path to the mine was overgrown but I did find a short tunnel but no copper minerals or shaft. Bit of a struggle to find the path back, I had to push through dense vegetation to where the gps said the main path was. I should have recorded my way down on my gps to help me get out again.
The path to Balurcos was similar to the previous day except it crossed and recrossed a main road, going underneath an impressive viaduct. Not much traffic on such a nice, new, high speed road. Almost got wet crossing the river beneath the viaduct as I could not find any of the usual stepping stones.
Staying at Casa de Campo Vale das Hortas, with an evening meal at the bar a kilometre up the road, where everyone was watching the football.
14.3 km today excluding the trip to the mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment